Create A Monster Halloween Dog Costume Without Any Sewing!
A DIY Halloween costume for you furry-friend is not something you want to waste a lot of funds on or time. Here is a head wrap that turns your dog into a three-eyed monster in a cinch. It requires no sewing. It costs a few bucks and takes less than an hour to complete. In the end, you get a four-legged friend who is part goofy, part spooky and whole lot funny! Here’s how to make it:
- First, measure the head of your pet dog and add a buffer of 5 inches to the measurement. Cut the fleece to this total length. The fleece should be at least four and a half inch in width.
- Create the ties by folding the fleece in half. Do it lengthwise. Now trim the fabric on both sides so that the ties are just one inch in width instead of 4.5. Keep it equal. From the edge of the fold to the point where the ties start should be a length of three and a half inches.
- If your dog has ears that flop down, then you don’t need ear slits. If your dog is uncomfortable with flat ears or has ears that stand up, then create slits in the scarf. For this tie, the headband on your pet, mark the location of the ears and cut holes on the spots.
- Pick another piece of felt and create menacing teeth out of it. The felt should be white in colour and be 2 inches by 7 inches. Use zigzag motion to make teeth on the top half of it. Use glue to stick them to the headband
- Glue 3 googly eyes on the scarf made out ping-pong balls and marked with a big X.
- Tie the headband under the dog’s chin.